Thursday, December 6, 2012

Modern Art

“Do not strive to be a modern artist.
It's the one thing, unfortunately, you can't help being."
Salvador Dali 1904-1989

Shadows and shapes and angles and reflections and light and dark-
a small section of The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.


  1. In this period we can say "let it snow", don't try... just be.

  2. Wonderful quote that you illustrated well. Now I have a request – I am very sad that Dave Brubeck passed away yesterday. I remember spending hours in San Francisco listening to my record Time Out – the pieces Take Five and Rondo a la Turk – do you remember them? So with that in mind, can you find an illustration for the following quote ?
    “Who hears music, feels his solitude
    Peopled at once.” ― Robert Browning.

    1. Yes, I remember Dave Brubeck well. He actually grew up very near here in Concord, CA. Take Five is a classic. Another good one was Short'nin' Bread with Joe Morello on drums. I'll see what I can do with your Robert Browning quote. So true.


Say what?