Thursday, May 24, 2012

Anniversary

“We all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.”
John Lennon 1940-1980

The crescent shaped pattern in the shadow on the wall of my home was caused by the light from a solar eclipse filtering through the trees.

The woman in this picture is my blushing bride, who I married thirty seven years ago today. She’s my sun and my moon. Happy Anniversary, Dana.

Image01

Bonus, at no additional cost to you- If you drag your curser over the photo, the solar eclipse will magically appear in the window!

11 comments:

  1. Very nice....and happy for you both ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to both of you!!! Made me teareyed reading this - I'm very very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way of sharing the anniversary! Happy days.

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't believe you could see the eclipse in the tree shadows! So cool.
    Fun post with the moon in the window! Happy Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you were serenading your wife :-). Happy Anniversary and many more wonderful moons together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bonus to a beautiful post!
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you do that? Not the solar eclipse in the window, I mean get Dana to stay with you for thirty years.
    Just kidding Don. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool shot and a big congratulations on 37 years. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that's just lovely. Congrats to you both. Neither one of you looks a day over 37.. much less married for that long.

    And the crescent shadows are just wonderful.. and fun use of a rollover.

    ReplyDelete

Say what?