Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Rain

"Can you hear me, that when it rains and shines
It's just a state of mind
Can you hear me, can you hear me?"
Rain- Lennon/McCartney 1966

This cloud, floating over the Berkeley hills, lit up for about thirty seconds before returning to a dark, rainy sky.



This week’s Corner View theme is “rain”. To see more "rain" posts visit the blogs below. Thanks to Theresa for hosting.

jane, theresa, ian, joyce, trinsch, francesca, isabelle, kari, jgy, lise, otli, dorte, sophie, mcgillicutty, daan, lucylaine, skywriting, eliane, the wanderer´s daughterannakenza, conny, l´atelier, elis, anne, rosamaría, victoria, the yellow door paperie, tikjewit, juniper, merel, soisses, mlle paradis, cacahuete, wander chow, barbara, pienduzz, kelleyn, sammi, liza, myrtille, tzivia,

32 comments:

  1. Beautiful shot. You have a great eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is like the sky,- with clouds on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great when you catch a fleeting slice of life? Suspended there forever in digital format.
    It's been raining for 2 days here. My basement is flooding and my roof is leaking, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool shot. I like how the white cloud is in the center being small but strong against the big dark clouds. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another breathtaking photo, beautiful composition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe this cloud likes to shine, wonderful capture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ain't it great when you can catch one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that cloud is incredible !! i love that you were able to capture it with your camera !!

    My corner view is ready for viewing now too ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful moment in a dramatic sky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A free cloud... Beautiful idea of I think I can be like it!
    And beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The seed of rain, the cycle of water, a baby cloud, a moment in time, one talented photographer. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. (Second comment lost)
    Ephemeral and everlasting, is what I was trying to say:)) Happy rainy or sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty. Love the east bay, was just there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your eye! how do you find these things?! loved the trees with so much aloha too! and the quote from k. gibran works well enough for me - both parts one and two!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, I never thought about it like that. Clouds that want to be seen... Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great catch. We had a cloud like that the other day when it was raining and I thought how pretty, but I didn't have my camera with me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I miss those hills. I didn't get up there nearly enough when I had the chance! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had never heard of the Corner View theme of the week, but how funny that I posted Rain! also on Dec 1st :)
    Thank you for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. No way! It looks painted in! Are you so glad you were ready!?
    Great shot!

    ReplyDelete

Say what?